Sunday 7 May 2017

Current Events Term 1



Current Events Term 1


In Current Events I covered these topics:
  • The design of the Halswell Skate Park and I made a submission to the council.
  • Donald Trump’s Refugee Plan
  • Christchurch Earth Memorial
  • The new Ngā Puna Wai Sports Facility
  • The Red Zone and Avon River Regeneration Plan with a submission to the council.


My favourite topic was the Red Zone Planning because we can learn about what else is happening in our city other than in our community and we can show what we would like to see done there by writing a few thoughts to the city council.


Here is a link to my learning on the Red Zone and Avon River Regeneration Plan:



The Reading National Standard I have achieved is:

  • Year 9/10
    • As I read I can make decisions about the usefulness of the text for the purpose - Eg: by using a variety of criteria to evaluate.


No comments:

Post a Comment